2014-2015 ProPresenter Connectivity outline and general troubleshooting steps to ensure connections and settings are set correctly.
The 2014-2015 ProPresenter configuration runs on a iMac system with several specific peripheral devices.
We will discuss each peripheral that should be connected to the ProPresenter iMac's built in ports.
Primary Output Device - Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor
This devices utilizes the SDI Output module available in ProPresenter 5. We use this for the Program output from the ProPresenter Machine.
Connecting the SDI Output Device to the iMac
Connecting the Confidence Monitor
The Concidence monitor is a connected to the Pro Presenter machine through a MDP (Mini DisplayPort/Thunderbolt) to HDMI adapter, this will be seen as an additional monitor on the iMac.
Connecting the Confidence Monitor output to the Video System
HDMI to HD/SDI Converter
Connecting the Web Stream output
The Backup WebStream is run through the VLC application on the desktop of the iMac, the video output for the stream is run through a StarTech USB 3.0 to HDMI converter.
Connecting the Spotify Audio output
Thats it! you should be fully connected! Here are a few things to keep in mind before we get into the ProPresenter specific items:
- ProPresenter Video and Audio are both passed through the BlackMagic Mini Monitor through the HD/SDI Cable
- Backup Stream Video and Audio are both passed through the Siig USB 3.0 to HDMI Adapter
- StageDisplay Video is the only thing that is passed through the MDP to HDMI Adapter
- Spotify Audio is the only thing that is passed through the iMac's Headphone Jack.
ProPresenter and OSX application Settings
Loading content into ProPresenter
All Content should be loaded to the "CONTENT" folder on the "Media" drive accessible on the Desktop of the iMac.
Importing Content into ProPresenter
Always use the import feature when loading content into ProPresenter, there are 2 options that you should be aware of:
- Use the "Import File" option for .pro5x files (LifeKids, or prepackaged content bundles)
- Use the "Import Video/Image" for all general content (videos, motion graphics, name slides, etc.)
Now that you have your content, lets make sure your preferences are set up correctly! You can enter the ProPresenter Preferences pane by navigating to the menu shown.
General Preferences Tab
There are just a few things to look at on the Display tab:
- Make sure the "Scale to Fit Output Display" box is NOT checked
- Make sure the "Enable Stage Display" box IS checked
- Make sure the "Out" box is on the iMac monitor (this will be toggled off since you are using the SDI output)
- Make sure the "Stage Display" box is on the correct display
- Make sure the "Output Screen" resolution is set to 1280x720
Toggle Display output to "Off"
To ensure high video quality and optimal playback, you should have a check in the "High Quality" and "Play Every Frame" boxes on this tab.
This is also where you will confirm the SDI output Resolution, you will need to have a check in the "Enable Output Device" box, and have "Blackmagic Video Output" selected with a resolution of "HD 720p 59.94"
Now we need to make sure that a few Key system preferences line up with ProPresenter to make sure all the signals are flowing properly! You can access system preferences by clicking the apple logo in the top left of your screen.